Creating an Inclusive School
•Edited by Richard A. Villa and Jacqueline S. Thousand – Chapter 1: What is an Inclusive School? by Mary A. Falvey, Christine C. Givner and Christina Kimm
• Success stories and practical solutions to enhance learning, teaching, and the full inclusion of students with disabilities in the classroom.
• See also: http://www.projectparticipate.org/handoutsforms.asp
Teaching to Diversity
• A joint project of British Columbia Teachers’ Federation (BCTF) Research, Special Education Association, Learning Assistance Teachers’ Association and English as a Second Language Provincial Specialist Association.
Prince Edward Island Association for Community Living
• Inclusive schooling is a vital factor in preparing students with intellectual disabilities for a life in their community.
• The Association held a preliminary meeting on Sat. September 11, 2004 to bring various stakeholders together to discuss the progress in P.E.I.
• The resulting report – Discussion Results: Consultation on the Status of Inclusive Education in Prince Edward Island – summarizes the discussion of the participants and highlight some of the issues that were identified.
Quebec Website – Provides Resources and Information for Inclusion
• I-LRN is one of five resource centres of the Quebec Inclusive Education Service (IES). I-LRN is designed to help English School Boards develop
effective service frameworks for students with learning difficulties.
• I-LRN is coordinated by Lynn Senecal, Ph.D., Educational Psycologist.
• Customer Service/Order Inquires: Phone: 514-973-4784 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org